- Motivational Interviewing is a great way to engage people in digging into their own desires for wellness. this doesn’t replace a full training, but is a reminder of best practice.
- Cultural Competence, is a reminder that we all need to be aware of our cultural bias and work to understand how they influence our relationships. We are all growing and becoming more aware.
- VRN Ethical Decision Making, is a reminder that there is a process to go through when dealing with difficult issues.
- Self Care is so very important to maintaining our own recovery. This is a reminder to ask ourselves how it is going? what do we need? We can use this tool with others if they wish to improve their personal self care.
- Narcan/Naloxone Overdose Rescue – to learn more about Naloxone and how to get it for yourself or a loved one, click here. To learn how to administer Naloxone, click here.
Empathy can sometimes be a difficult thing to explain in an in-depth way to people and we believe this is the best explanation we’ve seen so far. Most explanations, including our own, don’t seem to go much further than “Imagine what it’s like to be that person” or to “Walk in their shoes.” This video gives some great examples and insights into the power of empathy, which is such a core necessity when we work with others in peer recovery.