Emergency Room Recovery Support
Vermont is in the process of developing a pilot in three Emergency Departments in Vermont. Peer Recovery Support Services will be available in hospital emergency departments in Vermont. The Peer support will include experience actively listening, asking good questions, will be enthusiastic and passionate about working closely with people in recovery from alcohol and other addiction, family members, friends and allies.
Our Peers doing Recovery Support Service will have
- Experience with the addiction recovery process.
- Understanding of medication-assisted recovery and practices.
- Familiarity with local support services, resources and recovery community.
- Demonstrated active listening skills.
- Understanding of, and ability to maintain, appropriate boundaries.
- Ability to work, in a professional manner, within a hospital setting.
- Cross-cultural skills, and experience with culturally diverse populations.
- Bilingual abilities are a plus.
We are so excited to be starting this in December of 2017!