Emergency Room Recovery Support
Peer Recovery Support Services are now available in 3 hospital emergency departments in Vermont. Peer support service includes actively listening as well as asking good questions. Our Peers are enthusiastic and passionate about working closely with people in recovery from alcohol and other addiction, family members, friends and allies.
Our Peers doing Recovery Support Service have-
- Experience with the addiction recovery process.
- Understanding of medication-assisted recovery and practices.
- Familiarity with local support services, resources and recovery community.
- Demonstrated active listening skills.
- Understanding of, and ability to maintain, appropriate boundaries.
- Ability to work, in a professional manner, within a hospital setting.
- Cross-cultural skills, and experience with culturally diverse populations.
- Some may have bilingual abilities.